Tuesday, February 7, 2012


Meagans Interview  



I interviewed my father, Robert.

 



Question: Were you ever bullied in school?
Answer: Yes, I was always bullied for having red hair, freckles, glasses, and a stutter. It was awful and I hated school. I never participated in extracurricular activities because I hated being around other kids.





Question: Do you think that bullying is an important issue? Why or why not?
Answer: Yes, I believe it is an important issue that should be discussed as early as kindergarten. If they become educated of the causes and effects of bullying, the amount that goes on might be reduced.



Question: Do you think others in our community think bullying is an important issue? Why or why not?
Answer: I don’t believe the community as a whole thinks that bullying is important because only stories I hear are unfortunately the ones that end in suicide. Although, recently I have seen more talk about it.



(He did not know about the policy so I had him read over our blog.



Question: What are the advantages of the government’s policy on bullying?
Answer: It protects the children that are being bullied.



Question: What are the disadvantages of the government’s policy on bullying?
Answer: It might often be confused with kids just harmlessly joking/fooling around with each other.



Question: How might this policy be improved?
Answer: Like previously mentioned, I feel that children should be educated in bullying from the moment they start school, it is their first interaction with other students.



Question: What disagreements, if any, about the policy exist in this community?
Answer: I don’t see any disagreements although I am intrigued to see how this policy plays out.

           

This interview made me realize that bullying something that my father had faced everyday up through middle school until his hair started turning brown and he made a name for himself. He felt that he had to take karate in order to be able to protect himself when he was bullied. Bullying is a major concern and it needs to be broadcasted more in order to start preventing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment