Thursday, March 1, 2012

Meagan's Final Blog

Actively participating in this blog has taught me about bullying from a different perspective. I believe that bullying happens too frequently and causes crucial negative impacts on too many lives. Since I have started research, I have seen, heard, and watched many campaigns and services that are available for victims of bullying. It is becoming a social issue and many different organizations everywhere are donating money, and helping students. I’ve learned that this topic is becoming a huge debate and there are many resources being put into organizations to stop bullying. I think it is a great idea, and the more widespread the issue is, the more positive results you should see. It is important for teachers, parents, and society to be educated on the effects of bullying and how hurtful it really is in order to prevent the issue. At the elementary school that I observe at, there is a bully free zone and the students are responsible to report any bullying. This process allows the children to understand that it is wrong and there are serious consequences. You could tie this topic directly to a lesson or unit on slavery. It could be incorporating throughout the lesson to model how terrible and wrong it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment